Saudi airlines baggage policy
Saudi Arabian Airline always considers passenger's needs and offers a handsome amount of luggage on domestic and international flights. Saudi Airlines domestic flight luggage allowance is 1 piece of 25 KG maximum per adult /child. For infants, airline allows carrying 10KG which can be taken on board, no medicines or liquids are allowed. Saudi Arabian Airlines Economy / Guest class passengers are allowed to carry 1 piece of 25 KGs. Business and First class passengers are allowed to carry two pieces of luggage weighing maximum 25 KG each. SkyTeam (Elite Plus / Elite) and All SAUDIA ALFURSAN (Gold/Silver) members can carry one extra piece apart from the allowed luggage weighing 25 KG maximum.
If the luggage exceeds more than allowed limits i.e. more than 25KG per bag, the passengers are requested to re-arrange the contents of luggage in order to keep the instructed limits by the airline. In either case if the luggage is in one piece but weighs more than 25KG or luggage is 25KG or less but distributed in 2 pieces, an additional fee of SAR100 will be applied which is payable at the airport.
Saudi Arabian Airline does not only take care of the domestic passengers, keeping in mind the needs of pilgrims and Umrah Travellers, Saudi Arabian Airline offers a very handsome amount of luggage. Please see details below:
|To/From||First Class||Business Class||Guest/Economy Class|
|USA *||2 x||2 x||2 x|
|Canada*||2 x||2 x||2 x|
|Europe||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|United Kingdom||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|Middle East||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|Africa||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|Asia||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|Arabian Gulf||2 x||2 x||1 x or 2 x|
|SkyTeam (Elite/ Elite Plus)
|+1 Extra||+1 Extra||+1 Extra|
|Patient with Renal Failure**||+3 Extra||+3 Extra||+3 Extra|
|* All 6th freedom passengers from/to USA and Canada are allowed to carry 2 pieces for all classes.|
Note: checked baggage on Saudia flights departing to USA stations (New York (JFK), Washington D.C. (IAD), Los Angeles (LAX)) and Canada (Toronto (YYZ)) from (Riyadh (RUH)) must be sealed using safe wrap prior to acceptance on the flight.** Notes:
- The patient should provide a copy of the medical report with the hospital stamp (MEDIF 935-6493). It should be approved by Saudia explaining that the passenger is a Renal Failure patient and signed by the specialized doctor.
- Extra baggage is't granted in the following cases: flights operated by other airlines, SAUDIA PRIVATE AVIATION, NEGO, and Promotional Fares.
- The patient to ensure that all of the solutions are packed in bags or special containers preventing liquid leakage and being put in easy held containers so that customer service agents at the airport can receive the baggage & accept it.
- In case the passenger exceeds the number of free baggage allowed, then the rest is being dealt with as excess baggage (fees are applied)
- When issuing an international ticket on First/Business classes, free baggage allowance should be (2PCs) and should not exceed 32 kg.
- When issuing an international ticket on economy classes, and free baggage allowance shown in the ticket as (1PC) , this piece should not exceed 32 kg.
- When issuing an international ticket on economy classes, and free baggage allowance shown in the ticket as (2PCs) , the piece should not exceed 23 kg. an extra $60 CAD/USD should be charged as extra allowance on checked-in bags if over 23 kg up to 32 kg.
- Free baggage allowance for infant is 10 kg.
- SV Gold/Silver Fursan & SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus members will be allowed to carry one extra bag with 23 kg max.
- The standard dimensions for all bags from/to USA and Canada should not exceed 62 inch or 157 cm.
- The standard dimensions for all bags to other destinations except USA and Canada should not exceed 81 inch or 205 cm.
|To||Country||Saudi Arabia||USA||EU||UK||Arabian Gulf||Middle East||Asia||Africa||Guangzhou (China)||Canada|
|Saudi Arabia||-||£150||£150||£150||£130||£130||£130||£130||£350||150 CAD|
|Arabian Gulf||£130||£240||£220||£250||£190||£190||£190||£190||£440||240 CAD|
|Middle East||£130||£240||£220||£250||£190||£190||£190||£190||£480||240 CAD|
|Guangzhou (China)||£130||£250||£220||£260||£200||£200||-||£200||-||250 CAD|
- Excess baggage piece should not exceed 23 kg and within the Standard Dimension.
- An additional $60 CAD/USD will be charged if over 23 kg up to 32 kg.
- An additional $100 CAD/USD will be charged if the piece is over the Standard Maximum Weight 32 kg to be ($60 + $100) CAD/USD for each piece.
- An additional $100 CAD/USD will be charged if the piece is over the Standard Dimensions.
- All tickets issued before 1st September, 2012 with Weight Concept will be accepted as is for free allowance.
- All fees will be collected with local currencies or its equivalent.
Pre-Paid online Excess Baggage Charges
Now you can purchase additional baggage for your trip for certain destinations through our website by using your credit card and get a discounted rate of 20%. In case of purchasing an additional baggage, a voucher will be issued for each additional bag noting the following will apply:
- The validity of the voucher is for one year from the date of issuance
- Extra baggage vouchers refund, re-issuance and re-routing are not allowed.
- In the event of no show, the guest will lose full value of the extra baggage voucher.
Zamzam water allowance:
- Kindly be advised that Saudia accepts a complimentary one gallon package of Zamzam water from Sogia factory that doesn't exceed 5 litres for all passengers departing from King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah only as a checked in baggage.
- On the other hand, please be informed that the rest of passengers who will travel from other domestic airports to domestic or international airports are allowed to carry one gallon package of Zamzam water as a part of their free allowed checked-in baggage and any excess weight will be charged and collected from the normal excess baggage rates.
Unchecked Baggage (Carry-On Baggage) AllowanceCabin baggage
In addition to the free baggage allowance, Saudi Airlines may allow each passenger to carry hand baggage under his supervision and on free basis to be placed in closed overhead rack or under the seat in front of the passenger and cabin baggage tag should be labeled on it according to the following:
|Class||Hand Baggage Allowance||No Of Pieces||Description||Weight|
|First / Business||One Hand/Pull bag Or Garment Bag||1||Not to Exceed 56 X 45 X 25 (126 cm) (22x18x10) (50 inches) 11 cm (4 inches) for thickness when not folded||9 Kgs|
|First / Bussiness||Plus one Briefcase||1||Total Dimension Not to exceed:- 45 X 20 X 35 (100 cm) 18 X 8X 14 (40 inches)|
|Guest||One Hand / Pull bag||1||Total Dimension Not to Exceed:- 56 X 45 X 25 (126 cm) (22 X 18 X 10) (50 Inches).||7 Kgs|
- For passengers departing from USA/Canada to Saudi Arabia only one carry-on baggage in all class of services not to exceed ( 16 pounds in weight and 45 inches in dimensions ).
- Saudi Arabian airline retains the sole discretion to determine, for purpose of the safety, the security or the comfort of other passengers(such as food &beverages) , whether any item of the baggage will be permitted in the cabin or carried as checked baggage.
- Check-in agent should notify the passenger connecting on SAUDIA that the free carry-on baggage may not be accepted at the connecting stations due to variation of aircraft types and in-sufficiency of overhead racks.
Items carried free of charge in passenger's custody and under his responsibility without a carry-on baggage tag affixed to it are the following:
|Passenger Category||Description Of Items Carried Free||Quantity|
|All Passengers||An Overcoat or Wrap.||1|
|An Umbrella or a pair of Crutches.||1|
|A pair of binoculars.||1|
|A small camera.||1|
|Ladies hand bag, pocket book or purse for the ordinary use only otherwise will be considered as checked baggage.||1|
|A reasonable supply of reading material for the flight.||Suitable Amount|
|Infants||Infants food for consumption in-flight .||1|
|An infant carrying basket.||1|
|A fully collapsible baby trolley carriage or seat which could be stowed in the cabin or in the lower cargo compartments.||1|
|Incapacitated Passengers||A fully collapsible wheel chair or any other device necessary for the passenger or can be loaded in passenger cabin or cargo compartment (aircraft holds).||1|
|Other walking aids items.||1|
- For security purposes all carry-on baggage will be checked by security officers for flights arriving and departing to/from USA and UK including all electronic devices (as Smart phones, Cameras, Laptops, I pads, smart watches ...etc.) Passengers will be asked to power up their devices at airport security. Powerless devices will not be permitted onboard the aircraft or confiscated.
- For all passengers who are traveling to/from USA and UK, it is necessary to charge their devices to avoid being banned by the airport security from carrying their baggage or electronic devices onboard the aircraft.
- Also, that Saudia doesn't provide lockers for those devises and isn't responsible in case of loss.
Excess Baggage with Conditions or Limitations
In the case where the passenger needs to carry luggage weighing more than 32 kg, and can not be separated into pieces (such as musical instruments / sports tools / medical equipment ... etc.), the passenger must notify Saudi Arabian Airlines in advance to take the necessary arrangements for the luggage to be transferred.
The Banned Carriage of Substances among the Luggage
For safety reasons Saudi Arabian Airlines prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances, and compressed gases.
For flights departing from or to the United States of America, Canada, and the European Union countries, there are additional security measures prohibiting the carriage of certain materials within the hand luggage in accordance with the following:
- All liquid materials, gels, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Cigarette lighters in both hand baggage and inspected luggage.
In accordance with instructions received from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the following items are not allowed absolutely in checked-in baggage, otherwise the checked-in baggage will be liable and held for search and remove the items by the airport security:
- Prohibited items in checked-in baggage, such as :
- Lighters/ Lithium battery/Flammable Items.
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Radio-controlled toy ,or any Rechargeable Items, Nail Polish , Mouse etc).
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Radio-controlled toy and Nail polish etc.
- The items are allowed in hand carry bags with maximum of 2 pieces only.
- Flammable items , e.g. lighter, Match, compressed gas etc.
- Detonators, electrical sticks and similar articles.